Talentworks is pleased to be partnering with a local non-profit organization who is currently seeking an experienced Accountant. Located in the HRM and reporting directly to the CEO, this role is responsible for the day-to-day bookkeeping tasks, development of processes, financial strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems.
What you’ll do
- Assist the executive team in setting the Organization’s strategic direction as it relates to cash flow and budget planning.
- Day-to-day bookkeeping tasks, including entering invoices, payments, receivables, reconciling daily sales reports, and completing month end working papers.
- Oversee business insurance plan and health coverage analysis.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including assets purchased with government funds, assuring all are in accordance with federal regulations.
- Act as an advisor to the senior management team on all aspects of financial planning, cash flow, and budgeting.
What we need from you
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior Finance role.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, business, or other related area.
- CPA/ CMA considered an asset.
- Experience in not-for-profit, retail, construction, and/ or building industry considered an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of Sage 50 and all of its’ functions.
- Solid experience performing daily bookkeeping and administrative functions of a business.
- Solid understanding of the critical aspects of ensuring short-term cash flow and long-term cash requirements.
- Ability to analyze and draw conclusions from past and current data or trends.
If this sounds like the job for you, please send through a resume to email@example.com