Talentworks has a current full-time opportunity to work for a well established, popular client in Halifax, NS. The position of a Accounting Administrator will be responsble to oversee the bookkeeping and to ensure all finalncial matters are properly recorded, reconciled, and processed in a timely manner. This is a temporary opportunity with the possibility of becoming a permanent role.
What you’ll need:
- knowlege of Sage 300, ACCPAC 7.0, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- Experience in Payroll egislation
- Very strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet constant deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work alone.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail is required.
- An undergraduate degree or diploma in an accounting field
- A minimum of three years experience
What you’ll do:
- Data entry, recording accounts payable and accounts receivable, invoicing for departments and ensuring collection of invoices
- Ensuring that the total amount in the A/R and A/P are equal to the amount in the General Ledger on a monthly basis
- Monitors and follow up on overdue accounts
- Input data relating to revenues and taxes into ACCPAC
- Records, balances and processes all HST for remittance to the Receiver General on a quarterly basis
- Enters all manual cheques into the computer on a monthly basis
- Process various reports
- Other duties as required
If this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in, then please send us your updated resume today to firstname.lastname@example.org
Talentworks accepts all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.