Accounts Receivable Clerk – Temporary
Our client has an immediate opening for an experienced Accounts Receivable Clerk to work at their Dartmouth location!
What you’ll do:
- Posts customer payments by recording cheques and electronic deposit transactions.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions from dispatch system.
- Maintains records of invoices, debits, and credits.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from Dispatch, Ratings, and from customers;
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following up with customers, Dispatch and Ratings.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, and, coordinating contact with customers.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
What you’ll need:
- Proven working experience in an accounts receivable position
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software (QuickBooks, Simply Accounting software). Knowledge of dispatch software a solid asset.
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Strong abilities to work independently and with multi-disciplined team members
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
If this sounds like something you would thrive in, then please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence. Talentworks Inc. appreciates all submissions, however only those being considered will be contacted.