Asphalt Plant Manager
In business for over 40 years, our client operates a diverse group of companies engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. As a result of continuous growth, they are seeking the qualifications and expertise of an Asphalt Plant Manager based out of their head office in Bedford, NS.
The Asphalt Plant Manager supports multiple portable asphalt plant operations across Atlantic Canada and is directly responsible for ensuring that the production of asphalt consistently meets the quality and quantity specifications of the company’s projects.
A comprehensive pension and benefits package is offered with this position along with opportunities for advancement and training and development.
- Overseeing portable asphalt plant operations
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness of the Plant Team, providing them with clear direction and valuable feedback that improves their productivity
- Monitors the overall progress of project and takes corrective action where necessary
- Executing work, meeting productions
- Working and communicating with General Superintendents and Project Managers/ Coordinators relative to progress and site issues
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a supervisory position within the construction industry
- Mechanical Engineer or relevant experience is considered an asset
- Exceptional ability to multitask in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Able to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- High level of sound and independent judgement and reasoning
- Willing to work out of town and province in remote locations, as required across Atlantic Canada and Quebec
Apply today! Send your resume to email@example.com