Our client, a Halifax-based property management company, is currently seeking an Assistant Controller to join their growing team. This newly created role will provide support for all accounting operations of the company, including Accounts Receivable and Payable, production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results.
What you’ll do
- Ensure accounts payable & receivable are completed timely and any compliance issues are raised with the Corporate Controller
- Complete month end close processes and journal entry processing as required
- Complete GL account analysis and reconciliation as assigned
- Analyze financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts etc.) considering company’s goals and financial standing
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data
- Assist in completing financial statements
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Business
- CPA designation or close to completion
- 2+ years of progressively responsible experience
- Advanced MS Office knowledge
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Well informed in current financial subjects, accounting, tax laws, money market and business environments
- Must have a high level of professionalism, integrity and work ethics
In addition to working as part of a talented and growing team, the successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary, full benefits, and opportunity for growth.
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.