Our client is an established Atlantic Canadian transportation company, successfully in business for over 20 years. As a result of continuous growth, they are looking for an energetic and professional Assistant Dispatcher for this newly created role out of their head office in Dartmouth. They have a healthy corporate culture and are looking for someone who will fit in with their fun, yet hard working team.
The Assistant Dispatcher will assist with the daily dispatch of up to 100 orders including emergency, rush, same day, and next day orders to approximately 30 drivers throughout Atlantic Canada. The primary responsibility of the Assistant Dispatcher is to ensure seamless communication between customers, drivers, and managers, and to facilitate efficient delivery of all orders. The dispatch team resolves customer service issues, responds to inquiries, and records any service failures.
What you’ll do
• Receive and dispatch orders for delivery.
• Provide accurate and efficient record keeping for all delivery orders.
• Answer customer questions and provide information on delivery times, trucking information and policies.
• Record keeping, data entry, filing, reporting occurrences.
• Communicate with the customers on any status requests, changes, or delays.
• Assist drivers over the 2-way radio and telephone with on road challenges.
• New account set up.
• Ensure each customer receives outstanding service.
What we need from you
• Proven ability to provide excellent customer service.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to think outside of the box, be flexible, patient, and pay very close attention to detail.
• Above average computer skills including excel, and the ability to decipher google maps, and find information online.
• Must have a sense of urgency and be comfortable making decisions quickly.
• Ability to work Mon-Fri 7:00am – 5:00 pm as well as on-call every 4th weekend.
• Above all, must be cheerful and come to work every day with a positive attitude.
• Competitive base salary
• Opportunity for advancement
• Group benefits
• Pension plan
What are you waiting for? To apply, send a resume outlining your qualifications via email to Nancy Josselyn at email@example.com