We are looking for an Assistant Hotel Maintenance Manager to assist in the maintenance of this well-known and reputable Halifax Hotel. You will report into the Maintenance Manager and oversee and manage the upkeep of the hotel’s infrastructure (e.g. buildings, mechanical, HVAC) and help plan various renovation and repair projects.
In this role, you should be organized and proactive. Familiarity with carpentry, electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems is an asset. If you’re also committed to meeting health and safety standards, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to ensure the hotel premises are safe and functional for guests and employees alike.
What you’ll do:
• Inspect hotel regularly to ensure it meets safety standards
• Arrange for routine maintenance in hotel rooms, lobbies and facilities
• Organize repair projects in a manner that does not disturb guests
• Assist in the planning and repair of renovations and construction
• Act fast to resolve emergency issues (e.g. power outages)
• Work with the Maintenance Manager on ways to reduce hotel operating costs and conserve energy
• Supervise team of Maintenance Technicians and Janitors
• Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
What we need from you:
• Proven experience in a general maintenance role
• In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations
• Familiarity with plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems; hotel industry experience is a plus
• Ability to spot safety risks and address needs quickly
• Problem-solving aptitude
• Service oriented with minimal supervision
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• High school diploma or equivalent; completion of two-year Maintenance Technical/ vocational training is an asset.
If you’re interested in hearing more about this exciting role please send your resume into email@example.com.