Our client is an established Atlantic Canadian transportation company, successfully in business for over 20 years. As a result of continuous growth, they are looking for an experienced, dedicated leader for this newly created role out of their Saint John office. They have a healthy corporate culture and are looking for someone who will fit in with their fun, yet hard working team.
The Branch Manager will be responsible for the direction of drivers, customer satisfaction, business development, and oversight of all day-to-day operations with the goal of reaching annual sales targets and operational deliverables.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the President on operational plans, goals, and contributing to future innovations.
- Promote the company’s services and drive sales revenue to meet targets.
- Provide ongoing monitoring of business volume, efficiency of operations, and business trends.
- Maintain relationships with key customers to ensure overall enhancement of service levels, addressing and resolving service issues, while maintaining or improving service.
- Recommend measures to improve methods, performance, and quality of services, and suggest changes in working conditions to increase efficiency.
- Recommend or authorize capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment or property in order to increase efficiency and services of operations department.
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, and meeting with individual staff members.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of new employees and facilitate training as required.
- Promote a positive work environment while implementing and ensuring that the operational policies and procedures are adhered to.
What we need from you
- 5+ years of supervisory experience managing, directing and coordinating daily activities for employees.
- 3+ years’ experience in business development.
- Experience in Logistics or Transportation considered an asset.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Must possess strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to foster open, honest two-way communication both internally and externally.
- Ability to understand and interpret financial statements.
- Must have a sense of urgency and be comfortable making decisions quickly.
- Ability to work Mon-Fri 7:00am – 5:00 pm as well as on-call every 4th weekend.
- Above all, must be cheerful and come to work every day with a positive attitude.
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity for bonus
- Group benefits
- Pension plan
What are you waiting for? To apply, send a resume outlining your qualifications via email to Nancy Josselyn at firstname.lastname@example.org