Construction Project Manager
Our client, a Halifax-based property management company, is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join their growing team. This role will be responsible for overseeing capital projects from estimation to completion. The Project Manager will lead, manage, and be accountable for all site construction staff, project deliverables, schedules, and day-to-day site operations
What you’ll do
- Attend all job related meetings
- Plan and manage budgets
- Visit existing residential and commercial buildings, review any items required to be completed for building enhancements such as new lobbies, corridors, tenant fit ups, unit standards, etc.
- Meet with designers
- Review current building capital issues such as any leaks, HVAC issues, etc.
- Obtain pricing for enhancements and major repairs via tenders
- Manage all projects at the buildings
- Conduct contractor weekly meetings for each project
- Manage the subcontractors to ensure adherence to the project construction, schedule, and budget
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements
- Select trade subcontractors and co-ordinate their activities
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff
What we need from you
- Minimum 5 years’ experience project management experience in a property management or general contracting environment
- Post-secondary education in Construction or Engineering related fields considered an asset
- Ability to understand building codes and ensure upkeep
- Strong understanding of project estimating, budgets and timelines
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and time lines.
- Understanding of building envelopes, interiors etc.
- Must be well-groomed and professional
- Read blueprint, schemas and drawings
- Strong writing, reporting, and scheduling skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email.
As a valued team member, our client is pleased to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and opportunity for advancement.
What are you waiting for? To apply, send a resume outlining your qualifications via email to Nancy Josselyn at email@example.com