Talentworks is pleased to partner with an established and growing EPCM company offering the highest quality solutions within the utility power sector. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Contracts Manager located in their corporate office in Cambridge, Ontario.
The primary responsibility of the Contracts Manager is to oversee, negotiate and execute contracts on behalf of the company. Reporting to the President and working with different levels of personnel in the company, this role analyzes and solidifies an overall contract strategy for the business.
What you’ll do:
- Explain contract terms and conditions to company stakeholders;
- Analyze potential risks that contract language may pose to the company;
- Coordinate actions with internal procurement and project teams;
- Report status of current contract processes to the President and Construction Manager;
- Resolve any existing contract conflicts;
- Maintain organized system of physical and digital records;
- Create language standards and rules for existing and new contracts;
- Ensure that employees understand and comply with company contracts;
- Serve as a liaison between internal and external parties during contract development and negotiation stages;
- Negotiate and assist in negotiation of terms, conditions, and pricing, and ensure that the agreed-upon terms are accurately executed and satisfied;
- Follow up to guarantee contractual payments;
- Oversight of project-specific bonding and insurance requirements and procurement;
- Stay up-to-date with legislative changes and coordinate with staff as needed.
What we need from you:
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certification in a related discipline such as Business or Law;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with contract management; EPCM contract experience preferred;
- Experience negotiating multimillion-dollar contracts;
- Proven management and leadership skills;
- Attention to detail and the ability to spot errors and inconsistencies;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team at all levels of an organization.
Along with joining an established and highly successful group of companies, the incumbent will receive a competitive and comprehensive compensation package.
If you’re interested in hearing more about this exciting role, please send your resume in confidence to Koreen@talentworks.biz