Director of Field Operations
Talentworks is pleased to partner with an established and growing construction company offering transmission line and substation construction throughout Canada. In response to significant growth, we have a newly created role for a senior construction professional located in Northern Ontario.
Reporting to the President, the Director of Field Operations will lead a strong team of site management professionals to project completion in accordance with company policy, procedures and safety regulations.
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively with various company departments including Project Management, Procurement, Fleet, Quality Assurance and HSSE.
- Motivate and direct staff including ensuring allocation of proper manpower and equipment resources.
- Lead the project kickoff meeting including all team members are aware of the project specifications, schedule, highlight challenges, and safety protocol.
- Oversee multiple projects while working closely with the project management team to drive performance and minimize risk.
- Ensure awareness & implementation of the company’s Environmental, Health and Safety policy
- Represent the best interests of the company in a professional and ethical manner.
- Assist with subcontractor management, proactively resolve issues.
- Provide mentorship and foster a healthy learning environment for less experienced professionals.
What we need from you:
- A minimum of 15 years’ progressive experience with the management and construction of transmission line and substation construction.
- Experience in partnering with clients, trade contractors and consultants which rely on creative decision making and balancing priorities.
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects and project teams to reach milestone targets and achieve critical success.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to effectively liaise and co-ordinate with internal and external project stakeholders.
In addition to joining a successful team of professionals, the incumbent will receive a competitive and comprehensive compensation package.
If you’re interested in hearing more about this exciting role, please send your resume in confidence to email@example.com