Working with our client is more than just a job, it’s your opportunity to realize your full potential! They trust you to make the right decisions- you will be motivated and empowered every day to make a positive difference to your team, the customer experience, and the growth of our business. This company works hard but most importantly, they play hard! They are driven by a shared set of core values that focus not only on providing the best customer service, but also on recognizing, developing,
and caring for their own associates (that means YOU!). They realize there is more to success than work and working with them will allow you to be a part of a strong, vibrant, and fun work environment.
As a member of the Distribution Center (DC) you will play a major role in making sure each and every
purchase ends in a happy face! You will need to show passion for great service and a positive can-do
attitude! Our client is big on support- so remember, as an employee here; you will always have the support of a dynamic team. They love their employees as much as their customers; which, is why they can guarantee you’ll feel challenged and at home each and every day!
- This is not a job but a career
- They are the proud winners of: Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, 2018 Great Place to work, 2018 Great Place to work for Millennials, 2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality
- Mentoring and continuous talent development
- Medical & Dental Benefits
- Monetary Bonuses
- They will invest in you and train you
- Offer paid day off to Volunteer at your local charity of choice
- Tuition reimbursement program that covers professional AND personal development (yes, it means that you can get reimbursed for your scuba diving classes!)
- Fitness Subsidy
- Provide day to day supervision of the work in the distribution center
- Ensure your work force is trained to meet the work demands of the distribution center
- Be responsible for all aspects of performance management, staffing, training and development of their assigned workforce
- Coach and develop associates to meet organizational and personal goals
- Handle all administrative duties for all hourly associates (vacation request, personal day, PIP’s etc.)
- Manage overall department process such as debriefing processes, transfers and fleet (5 ton trucks) as required
- Work closely in supporting other supervisors and overall delivery operations
- Supervise loading dock, yard and transfers
- Run reports, route, take care of store transfers & manager building manifests,
- Provide customer service and support to customers, sales and delivery teams by responding to store e-mails and incoming telephone calls
- Facilitate weekly/monthly meetings, KBP, AOS etc.
- A post-secondary degree or certificate in logistics. This is considered an asset.
- 5 to 7 years of previous experience in a warehouse/delivery environment or in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge and understanding of provincial transportation rules and policies (i.e. log books, trip inspections, checking them over making sure they are correct and up to date, etc.)
- Effectively provide coaching, mentoring and performance management
- Work on a flexible schedule – 7 day operations where days off might not be on the weekend
- Be open to the possibility of working an evening shift (start time can range from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Provide leadership, coaching and ongoing progress improvement to all associates
- Be a leader and motivate workers through greater teaching methods and demonstration
- Liaise and maintain relations with external vendors, clients, customers, etc. in a respectful way at all times
What are you waiting for? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.