Estimator/ Project Coordinator
Talentworks is proud to be working with a growing Nova Scotia company with over 30 years of market related experience, specializing in Large Scale Landscape and Civil Site Construction.
You want to work here!
Our client is dedicated to providing a safe and pleasant working environment and offers:
- Competitive salary, vacation, and benefit package
- Standard working hours for better work/life balance
- Flexibility to work from home
- Continuous training on industry leading technology
What you’ll do
As the Estimator/ Project Coordinator you will be a key part of the management team, bringing relevant industry experience and strong leadership qualities by means of a result driven work ethic. You will consistently be the primary lead on project bids, estimates and project delivery, while actively working with team members from all levels of the company to ensure quality workmanship and profitable results. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to aspects of project management and organization, including specification analysis and timelines related to key deliverables.
- Cost and budget estimation as it relates to large scale landscape and civil construction projects.
- Generating timely quantity take offs and material estimation based on client supplied drawings.
- Working with partners and suppliers to source materials and obtain pricing.
- Continuous improvement through cost analysis related to project execution.
- Generating progress reports, accurate invoicing and change orders.
- Ongoing interaction with operations team to assist in project completion.
What you’ll bring to the table
With previous experience in Civil Construction Estimating or Project Management, you possess:
- Strong technical skills in AutoCAD with knowledge of Trimble Business Center being an asset.
- Strong leadership & effective communication skills.
- Strong reporting and contract development skills.
- Experience and understanding of the RFP and tendering process along with standard construction contracts.
- Extensive knowledge of landscape construction and site works construction processes.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Comfortable with business supporting software and strong technical competency.
If this sounds like your dream job, please forward a copy of your resume to email@example.com.