Our client is a recognized industry leader in commercial/ industrial demolition and abatement. Their services include environmental and heavy metal remediation; interior, exterior, and full structural demolition; asbestos abatement; electrical & mechanical removals; site cleanup; excavation; core-drilling; and concrete saw cutting.
You want to work here!
Dedicated to providing a safe and healthy working environment, our client offers:
- Competitive wage and opportunity for overtime
- Weekly pay schedule
- Company vehicle and phone
- 100% employer paid benefits
- Continuous training on industry leading technology
- Opportunity for advancement
- Employee incentives
What you’ll do
As the Estimator you will be responsible to plan, coordinate and direct the estimating functions of the demolition and abatement department. You will consistently be the primary lead on project costs for bids, proposals and change orders while actively working with team members from all levels of the company to ensure quality workmanship and profitable results. Duties will include:
- Conducting thorough analysis of drawings and specifications, ensuring required information is provided
- Performing detailed project cost estimates
- Researching selected products from a cost and construct-ability perspective
- Soliciting sub-contractor pricing and bids for different trades in preparation of cost estimate
- Reviewing progress and bid documents for construct-ability. Lead and participate in discussion regarding alternate detail and materials for specific areas or trades
- Providing and presenting estimating productions and scheduling
- Coordinating administrative staff in sending documents to vendors
- Providing take-offs based on plans and specifications
What you’ll bring to the table
With previous experience in demolition/ abatement or construction estimating, you possess:
- Experience in demolition/ abatement or construction estimating
- General knowledge of basic civil/ construction engineering concepts
- Strong working knowledge of the means and methods of demolition, and have the ability to discuss the viability of each within the confines of the project requirements
- Keen understanding of risk associated with demolition projects
- Strong conceptual estimating skills – ability to understand, price, define and explain estimate content and approach
- Knowledge of bidding risks and strategies
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Plan Swift estimating software knowledge a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean criminal background
If this sounds like your dream job, please forward a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.