Events & Communications Coordinator
The Maritimes Energy Association is a not for profit industry association representing businesses that provide goods and services to the energy sector in eastern Canada- renewable/cleantech and nonrenewable, domestic and export. The Association plays a key role in local, regional and international initiatives by organizing events, conferences and trade shows that offer member organizations an opportunity to participate in trade missions outside of Eastern Canada, thus introducing local organizations to a global market.
They work with like-minded organizations in other provinces to better promote the interests of all members involved. They share information through their daily Bulletin that highlights latest procurement opportunities and important news happenings in the industry. Through joint conferences, trade shows and networking events, the Association works with its counterparts within Canada and around the world to promote the interests of the Maritimes energy industry.
The Events & Communications Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of various corporate events and all communications aspects within the Association including social media. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and works in close conjunction with the Business & Operations Manager to help grow and expand the Association.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the organization in execution of all events;
- Develop an understanding of the Association’s needs and work in conjunction with the CEO to help pinpoint appropriate events and sponsorship opportunities;
- Generate ideas for events. Develop and implement event plans. Provide hands-on event logistical support. Manage event set-up and tear-down;
- Develop event materials and promotional items;
- With assistance from the full Association team, manage event registration process;
- Research event venues and lead vendor & supplier selection;
- Develop sponsorship plans. Develop and maintain sponsor relations;
- Oversee event budget preparation and quote procurement;
- Develop and maintain communications policies & procedures;
- Design marketing and promotional pieces (traditional and non-traditional);
- Manage social media: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Mail Chimp;
- Draft news releases & media advisories;
- Assist with research on various energy industry advocacy issues;
- Manage the website updates and design including web banners, event pages and signage;
- Staff various working committees of the Board of Directors;
- Prepare and distribute daily Bulletin, including e-blasts, procurement efforts and member news releases (shared responsibility).
What we need from you:
- Diploma or degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, Business, or English;
- Experience leading small, medium and large events;
- Traditional and non-traditional (social media) marketing experience;
- Experience designing marketing materials and promotional pieces;
- Strong communications background with excellent writing skills;
- Experience developing and managing sponsorship relations;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite & Adobe systems;
- High level of initiative and a team player attitude;
- Knowledge of the energy or industrial sectors in the Maritimes is a definite asset;
- Must possess own vehicle as some travel will be required.
- Competitive base salary plus opportunity for bonus
- Group benefits plan
- RRSP matching program
- Ability to have an impact on the growth of the company
- Opportunity for advancement
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please submit an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.