On behalf of our client, one of Canada’s leading transformer service providers, we are searching for an experienced Financial Controller to complete all senior level accounting tasks, and oversee and analyze all aspects of the Company’s financial accounts.
What you’ll do:
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Maximize return and limit risk on cash by minimizing bank balances.
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Weekly project costing (including equipment costs).
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Provide company with best price/value for Insurance and Bonding
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures all month end reports are completed and remittances are filed on time.
- Ensure that proper credit limits are in place for customers
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems.
What we need from you:
- Degree in Business/Finance/Accounting or related field.
- CPA designation or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong background managing the entire finance function in an organization.
- Experience with Sage 300 preferred.
- Leadership capabilities.
- Experience providing broad knowledge of the controllership, financial reporting, auditing, planning, budgeting, revenue, and analysis functions.
- Competitive salary to commensurate with experience.
- Opportunity for bonus.
- Comprehensive group benefits plan.
What are you waiting for? To apply, send a resume outlining your qualifications via email to Nancy Josselyn at firstname.lastname@example.org