Talentworks is pleased to partner with a successful privately owned organization to find an experienced and highly motivated Financial Controller to complement their strong tenured team. Headquartered out of Fredericton, their deep roots and contributions to the communities they serve have earned them numerous awards and a loyal customer following.
Reporting to the President, the successful incumbent will lead a small team and manage the financials of several private companies. As the executive responsible for the financial control of the organization, you will manage the financial planning and accounting procedures of each company and maintain relations with shareholders and the financial community.
Responsibilities of the Controller include, but are not limited to:
- Controls and manages cash flow, budget preparation, auditing of accounts, purchases, fixed assets and insurance.
- Keeps in touch with financial institutions regarding lines of credit and fund management.
- Analyzes, consolidates and manages all methods for determining costs, as well as other statistical and routine reports.
- Analyzes studies of general economic, business and financial conditions, as well as their repercussions.
- Evaluates the financial position and issues regular financial and operations reports.
- Keeps in close touch with the public accounting firm, to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and the maintenance of the company financial structure.
- Maintains a close working relationship with the legal firm, to ensure that all the financial activities are accurately carried out, documented and recorded.
- Works with the President in preparing the financial forecasts and budgets.
- Regularly analyzes financial reports and the daily control of operations and communicates developing trends.
- Keeps up-to-date on amendments to the Income Tax Act, Harmonized Sales Tax and any other Federal or Provincial Acts and notifies the President of any operational adjustments required.
- Ensures compliance with all government financial regulations.
- Takes part in management meetings and meets with department managers monthly.
- Conducts formal performance evaluations of the personnel reporting to him/her.
- Trains and motivates the personnel reporting to him/her and participates in hiring.
- Manages employee benefit programs.
- Manages remuneration policies and ensures that they meet the requirements of the Employment Standards Act and Income Tax.
- Meets with managers and supervisors to determine training needs, prepares the overall annual training plan and schedule.
- Administers the occupational health and safety file, including relations with the Workplace Health & Safety Officer and relations with representatives of the safety committee.
What we require from you:
- University degree in Business/Accounting and professional designation- CPA (CA,CGA,CMA).
- Leadership skills including: delegation, empowerment, coaching, supervision, organizing & planning, and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of reporting and analysis.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office, and accounting softwares.
- Must have the ability to financially plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
As part of the leadership team you will be offered a competitive compensation package including annual salary commensurate with experience, health and dental benefits and 4 weeks of vacation.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity please forward your resume to Jane Buntain at firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information regarding this position please contact Jane at Talentworks 902.491.7600 for a confidential conversation.