Fleet Maintenance Coordinator
Talentworks is pleased to partner with our Client, an industry leader in the utility sector on their search for a Fleet Maintenance Coordinator.
The Fleet Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for the development, implementation, coordination and maintenance of a comprehensive maintenance and servicing plan for the Company’s vehicle fleet and equipment. The overall planning function incorporates specific activities including preventive maintenance, scheduled servicing, cleaning, overhaul and major repair, new vehicle fleet commissioning, rebuilds, special modifications, warranty servicing and repair, recalls, and special projects.
This position monitors the progress of maintenance/service/repair programs, establishes and adjusts work priorities, and adjusts plans in response to resource availability, unusual situations, etc.
What you’ll do:
- Create complex and integrated work plans to achieve maintenance and service objectives incorporating elements including routine servicing, preventative maintenance, major and minor repairs and overhauls, fleet commissioning, special projects and related factors.
- Prepare and distribute detailed work plans to sections involved in delivery of services and can act as a contact, facilitator, and problem solver concerning the execution of the plan.
- Utilize maintenance management planning systems, historical records, and other data to forecast labour, materials and supplies, facility space, time, tool and other resource requirements. Identify resource constraints and develop plan priorities and schedule adjustments based on the analysis.
- Consult with garage Supervisors, Mechanics, Operations/ Project Managers, and others to coordinate plans, identify needs, plan priorities and adjustments. Respond to unforeseen circumstances, initiate change to plans and schedules, and determine when additional resources are required to accomplish objectives.
- Participate in the development of manpower/ workforce deployment planning activities to meet plan objectives and utilize maintenance and repair resources effectively.
- Prepare budget data, historical data analysis, forecasts and other information to support the service delivery programs. Provide input into the formulation and delivery of mechanic training programs as required.
- Act as a resource to assist with the integration of new maintenance/ service programs, determining performance indicators, resource estimates, reporting requirements, etc.
- Assist with responding to new or unusual maintenance and repair problems, determining actions to be taken, contacting manufacturers, etc.
What we need from you:
- Considerable knowledge of all aspects of a large and diversified Private Commercial fleet of vehicle and equipment maintenance including the involved trades and sub-trades.
- Ability to devise specific maintenance, major overhaul and repair programs that are effective and within budget and to coordinate the administration of programs to minimize disruption to the fleet maintenance program.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of staff to achieve effective planning and program delivery.
- Skilled in the use of maintenance scheduling/planning, office automation, and data analysis tools to meet the requirements of the work.
- Completion of project planning studies, and clear understanding of office automation, Telematics Operating System and Cetaris software applications.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in many aspects of diversified vehicle and equipment fleet maintenance.
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please forward a copy of an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org