Fleet Maintenance Manager
Talentworks is pleased to be partnered with one of Canada’s largest, premier tourism operators on their search for a Fleet Maintenance Manager. This newly created position is a full-time opportunity working out of their new service centre, in Halifax, NS. As the Fleet Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team of 15 Technicians and working across a diverse fleet of new and specialty vehicles.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure the Safety & Security of all team members.
- Quality assurance auditing of all work to company and regulatory standards
- Ability to work closely with the General Foreman and Lead-Hand
- Develop the duty roster that assigns work with team member expertise, provides team members with flexible schedule and assure the company of the highest productivity
- Plan, prioritize and effectively manage the work flow through the Leads in collaboration with the General Forman and direction of the Director of Fleet Maintenance
- Ensure productivity meets or exceeds 90% billed vs. productive time
- Develop and maintain SRT (standard repair times) log, that ensures technicians are adhering to the program
- Effectively deal with emergency break-downs when coaches are away from home base. (remote diagnoses by telephone & computer)
- Ability to interact with the technician’s in positive/professional manner.
- Ensure that all Material Requisitions and Purchase Orders, adhere to company policy
- Prioritize learning amongst team members; handle document control of all training;
- Project a well-organized, proactive and positive approach in the work place;
- Lead by example, mentor team members, process manage how work is being done to strengthen productivity and organizational abilities of the team members using KPI’s to measure and coach, create and enhance a strong culture of safety and staff satisfaction.
What we need from you:
- A Red Seal or Journeymen Truck & Transport Certification
- 5 years’ experience as a motor coach mechanical supervisor
- 3 years’ experience in a managerial role
- Experience with digital maintenance programs
- Good understanding of reliability analysis principals
- Valid Class 2 Driver’s License c/w air endorsement an asset
- Experience and/or training on new MCI J4500 is a great asset
- Experience and/or training, trouble shooting on late model diesel engines and transmissions.
- Must be a positive team player
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Physically able to move around a lager shop and yard areas
- Self-starter and highly motivated to make proactive changes
- Must possess a can-do attitude, with the ability to engage and mentor team members.
- Effective time management skills, able to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work harmoniously within in a team environment
- Perform routine maintenance services on motor coaches
- Good working knowledge of mobile HVAC systems
- Ability to identified multiplex/electronic issues, using computer diagnostics
Along with a salary commensurate with experience you’ll be offered a great benefits package and a strong shared GRRSP program.
If you’re interested in this position, please send an updated resume to email@example.com