Forklift Service Technicians
Our client is looking for experienced Service Technicians to join their team. Qualified candidates will be able to provide technical support, troubleshooting and repair services to customers (both external and internal) for material handling and industrial equipment.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure service work is performed in a professional manner (reliable, dependable and accurately) when on a customer site, supplier site or any company location.
- Participate as active member of the service team.
- Participate in training programs as required.
- Perform service work in a safe manner.
- Understand and comply with Company Policy Manual.
- Understand and comply with Company Operating Principles.
- Increase the value of the service call by seeking to apply additional services or parts where possible.
- Follow and comply with company’s Quality Call Pledge.
Specific Description of the Duties:
- Provide top priority to billable jobs either in the shop or in the field. The Company’s target is to maintain and/or exceed productivity, as per individual budget set out for each technician. Perform service work timely and efficiently.
- Perform service work in safe manner. All Provincial or Federal government regulatory agencies rules apply.
- Assure that all work orders are completed timely, with adequate information including but not limited to remarks section, odometer readings, date of work, error codes, & parts used. Work orders are to be completed and returned timely to the Service Coordinator.
- Take direction from the Service Coordinator for scheduling, issues and concerns for proper customer service and longer-term scheduling.
- Effective communication with Service Coordinator or next day scheduling issues, and concerns for proper customer service.
- Embrace and utilize all service technology in your daily tasks. Request clarity or training when needed.
- Maintain a proper compliment of tools in your service truck and supply your own hand tools.
- Be diligent in assuring the security of your vehicle and its contents at all times.
- Use company service vehicle for business use only.
- Be available and responsible for 24 hours on call, if required. (NB Techs Only).
- Dependent upon qualifications and customer requirements the candidate is required to travel.
- Create value added sales to the customer by recommending product or services. For example: Operational Maintenance contract, safety inspections etc.
- Ensure inventory parts levels are maintained and safe guarded with proper diligence.
- Maintain work area in a clean, organized, and safe manner daily
- Full-Time ongoing work
- Day shifts
- Pay Rate: $25.00 – $31.00
What we need from you:
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Safety Certifications
- Grade 12 Education
- Valid driver’s license
- Automotive Technician or Heavy-Duty Diesel graduate and related certification from recognized community college. Preferable Red Seal certified.
- Service technicians must be able to drive and/ or travel to various locations and customer sites within the Atlantic Provinces.
- Must be able to lift and stack an object weighing 40 lbs
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now. For additional information please call Ashley on: 902-491-7600.