Are you a dedicated and inspiring General Manager who is looking to grow and develop yourself and your team? Our client, a leading document destruction company, is searching for a senior executive to continue the growth of their Atlantic Canada business.
This is an opportunity for you to combine your proven business-to-business sales and sales management experience with strong people management skills in order to continue the growth of this well-established organization. While you will primarily focus on driving sales, you will have total responsibility to manage the entire sales and operations team to ensure that customer service levels, safety, and profitability are maintained to the highest levels.
What you’ll do
- Provide leadership to sales team through clear communication of goals, providing on-going coaching/training, and conducting timely, meaningful performance reviews
- Establish annual sales targets, profitability, and operating budgets to prepare a detailed work plan to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop new marketing and promotional activities including community events and sponsorships that will increase awareness and expansion of the company and its services.
- Provide ongoing monitoring of business volume, efficiency of operations, and business trends.
- Maintain relationships with key customers to ensure overall enhancement of service levels, addressing and resolving service issues, while maintaining or improving service.
- Monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
- Recommend or authorize capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment or property in order to increase efficiency and services of operations department.
- Supervise the operation of the fleet of vehicles, and plant based equipment.
- Develop and implement necessary policies and procedures to ensure the safe and effective delivery of services to all customers.
- Ensure that company operations are in full compliance with all applicable safety and operating regulations.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of new employees and facilitate training as required.
- Promote a positive work environment while implementing and ensuring that the operational policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Travel throughout Atlantic Canada to ensure that strong communication links are maintained with customers and staff.
What we need from you
- 10+ years combined experience in both senior B2B sales and operations.
- Knowledge of B2B sales and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques and coordination of people and resources.
- Must possess strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to foster open, honest, two-way communication both internally and externally.
- Ability to understand and interpret financial statements.
- Must have a sense of urgency and be comfortable making decisions quickly.
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity for advancement with a growing company
What are you waiting for? To apply, send a resume outlining your qualifications via email to Nancy Josselyn at email@example.com