Heavy Civil Project Manager
In business for over 40 years, our client operates a diverse group of companies throughout the Maritimes and Eastern Canada. Their long established and highly successful operating companies offer an ever-expanding list of services, including civil construction, environmental, asphalt and quarry, utilities, emulsions, demolition, mining, and disposal, to name just a few.
As a result of continuous growth, they are seeking the qualifications and expertise of a Heavy Civil Project Manager at their corporate headquarters in the HRM.
You want to work here!
Our client promotes healthy, long term working relationships, teamwork, and accessible management. They are a family orientated organization who recognizes that their biggest asset is their employees. As a valued member of the team you will be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Wellness program
- Company vehicle or car allowance, gas card, laptop, phone
- Opportunities for continuous development and internal advancement
What you’ll do
As the Project Manager you will be responsible for planning, executing, and delivering Company civil projects on time, within budget, and in accordance to specifications. You will define project requirements and scope, acquire project resources, and supervise the efforts of project team members. Efficient delivery of project deliverables, effective quality control, and clear communication of expectations to stakeholders and upward reporting to senior management are critical tasks that must be performed.
- Implement, and supervise the implementation of all new system installations, expansions, modifications, and migrations
- Coordinate entire Company project life cycle from the initial planning, bidding, operations, up to project completion
- Plan all project timelines, milestones, and deliverables using the appropriate software tools and/or methods
- Organize project teams into suitable workgroups and guide the teams throughout their efforts to produce deliverables according to specification
- Closely monitor the efforts and billing of third-party workers, such as consultants, contractors, and other specialists
- Facilitate permit applications, fees, and acquisitions
- Prepare cost breakdowns, progress estimates, and invoicing
- Ensure that assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget and schedule;
- Manage job plans, drawings, and specifications
- Ensure all work is completed to high quality standards, confirming to owner and Company quality control requirements
- Manage and direct the work of coop students
- Work with and report to various Managers and Superintendents
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
What you’ll bring to the table
- Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Previous managerial or supervisory experience
- Previous experience or solid knowledge of Heavy Civil Construction
- High attention to detail in completing work tasks
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi task and work within tight deadlines
If this sounds like your dream job, please forward a copy of your resume to email@example.com.