Heavy Civil Site Superintendent
In business for over 40 years, our client operates a diverse group of companies throughout the Maritimes and Eastern Canada. Their long established and highly successful operating companies offer an ever-expanding list of services, including civil construction, environmental, asphalt and quarry, utilities, emulsions, demolition, mining, and disposal, to name just a few.
As a result of continuous growth, they are seeking the qualifications and expertise of a Heavy Civil Site Superintendent at their corporate headquarters in the HRM.
You want to work here!
Our client promotes healthy, long term working relationships, teamwork, and accessible management. They are a family orientated organization who recognizes that their biggest asset is their employees. As a valued member of the team you will be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Wellness program
- Company vehicle or car allowance, gas card, laptop, phone
- Opportunities for continuous development and internal advancement
What you’ll do
The Superintendent coordinates all site activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. The Superintendent is responsible for maintaining the highest quality of work, supervising all subcontractors and field personnel, and administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities.
- Oversee the daily organization in the field including safety of, and the delegation of duties for foremen and operators
- Ensure that the field operations are well organized, and efficient in the respective operation
- Participate in establishing goals and objectives for the field operations of the company
- Ensure the planning process is followed including meeting the Critical Path schedule as developed by the Project Management team
- Make recommendations for organizational changes
- Ensure that construction budget targets are met or exceeded, through on-site supervision and helping to establish action plans to beat the budget
- Trouble shoots difficult construction problems
- Motivate personnel / subcontractors / suppliers and service providers to maintain morale on the project
- Review subordinates periodically and make recommendations for improvements
- Make sure job cost feedback is furnished to subordinates
- Challenge others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor
- Inspire coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence;
- Aware of the Critical Path Schedule and assists in updating as required
- Keeps owner satisfied, but not at the detriment to the company
What you’ll bring to the table
- Minimum 5 years previous heavy civil construction experience
- Civil Engineering background (i.e. CET) or equivalent experience
- High attention to detail in completing work tasks
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of civil construction
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Able to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
If this sounds like your dream job, please forward a copy of your resume to email@example.com.