Human Resources Consultant
Located in the heart of downtown Halifax, our client is a Nova Scotia landmark that plays a pivotal role in our province’s booming tourism economy. They are currently seeking the qualifications and expertise of a Human Resources Consultant for their brand new state-of-the-art facility.
As the Human Resources Consultant, you will be responsible for providing support in various human resource functions, including recruitment, staffing, training & development, performance monitoring, and employee counseling.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure all HR programs are executed efficiently and effectively.
- Support the implementation and execution of core HR programs.
- Aid in the development or revision of HR policies to reflect corporate direction and culture.
- Identify areas of process improvement and recommend changes in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Support full cycle recruitment process organization wide, including; job posting, screening, interview, job offer, orientation and developing all recruitment materials.
- In conjunction with team, review job description revisions and conduct job evaluations for new or revised roles.
- Provide support to operations management on employee and performance management.
- Support HR Manager by leading investigations and reporting findings regarding claims of employee violation of corporate policies.
- Together with department supervisors/ managers and Payroll, manage employee leaves of absences and any required Return to Work (RTW) plans/programs/documentation as well as potential accommodations.
What we need from you:
- 3+ years of HR experience.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or relevant discipline; CHRP designation considered an asset.
- Strong understanding of provincial employment law and regulations.
- Strong business acumen and long range, big picture thinking capability.
- Demonstrated success in designing and implementing key HR programs and initiatives.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Knowledgeable about employment legislation, Health & Safety, WCB.
- High level of analytical and organizational skills.
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills.
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel.
What are you waiting for? To apply, send a resume outlining your qualifications via email to Nancy Josselyn at firstname.lastname@example.org