Human Resources Generalist
Our client is a locally owned and operated business with multiple locations across Nova Scotia. They are seeking an experienced HR Generalist to provide coaching and support to both leaders and employees on all HR related matters, including recruitment, staffing, training & development, performance monitoring, and employee counseling. This opportunity is ideal for an individual who is self-motivated, comfortable working with minimal direction, and has an interest in making an impact on a growing company.
- Health and dental care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Ensure all HR programs are executed efficiently and effectively.
- Support the implementation and execution of core HR programs.
- Aid in the development or revision of HR policies to reflect corporate direction and culture.
- Identify areas of process improvement and recommend changes in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Support full cycle recruitment process for all positions from hourly workers to senior management. including job posting, screening, interview, job offer, orientation and developing all recruitment materials.
- In conjunction with team, review job description revisions and conduct job evaluations for new or revised roles.
- Act as a resource for all employee compensation and benefits
- Provide support to operations management on employee and performance management.
- Together with department supervisors/ managers, manage employee leaves of absences and any required Return to Work (RTW) plans/ programs/ documentation as well as potential accommodations.
- 3-5 years of HR experience.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or relevant discipline.
- Strong business acumen and long range, big picture thinking capability.
- Demonstrated success designing and implementing key HR programs and initiatives.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
- Effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledgeable about employment legislation, Health & Safety, WCB.
- High level of analytical and organizational skills.
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills.
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel. Experience with MS Dynamics considered an asset.
- Experience with international recruitment considered an asset.
Apply today! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org