Lead Marine Mechanic
Talentworks is pleased to partner with Halifax’s biggest tour boat company on their search for a versatile and experienced Lead Marine Mechanic, to work shoreside maintaining the fleet of day passenger excursion vessels. The fleet consists of 7 excursion vessels, from 10 to 160 tons, and 5 amphibious vehicles (LARCs).
Reporting to the Director of Fleet Maintenance the shoreside Lead Marine Mechanic is responsible for maintaining reliability of the busy fleet delivering short excursions on the Halifax Harbour. During the off season the Marine Mechanic is responsible for carrying out all manner of maintenance projects, refits, dry dockings, and tracking vessel compliance. This is a hands-on maintenance position well suited to a high energy individual who enjoys working directly on machinery and systems.
What you’ll do:
- Perform mandatory periodic maintenance inspections – daily, weekly, monthly.
- Serve onboard periodically as needed.
- Perform scheduled lube oil and filter changes, engines, transmissions & hydraulic systems etc.
- Direct maintenance technicians in minor repairs and planned maintenance.
- Maintain fuel quality standards including; filters, fuel lines, injectors and fuel tank maintenance.
- Make electric repairs to wiring harnesses and gauge clusters.
- Ability to perform minor welding repairs (an asset).
- Coordinate dry dockings and compliance inspections.
What we need from you:
- Minimum 5 years hands-on marine mechanic and/or engineering experience.
- Minimum SVMO unrestricted (Third Class preferred).
- Industrial Trade Tickets/Journeymen Mechanic Ticket an asset.
- Compliance experience with the Canada Shipping Act 2001 Small Passenger Vessel Regulations.
- Commitment to safety in the work place. Understanding and adopting company SMS.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Independent thinker with good trouble shooting and diagnostic skills.
- Comfortable multi-tasking & able to react quickly to urgent situations.
- Attention to detail with good reporting and record keeping skills.
- Experience with diesel fuel injection systems.
- Sound knowledge of hull construction, marine electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems.
- Basic Hydraulic training or experience (an asset).
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
In addition to joining a fun and friendly team, a competitive wage package is on offer.
If you’re interested in this fantastic opportunity, please send a resume to email@example.com