Our client, Martin Marietta, a well-known global and lead supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials is now seeking a Maintenance Foreman to join their team.
Working out of their Mulgrave, NS plant and reporting into the Maintenance Superintendent, the Maintenance Foreman will be responsible for the daily management of the Fixed Plant Maintenance Group. The successful candidate will have an existing knowledge of fixed equipment such as: crushers, screens, conveyors and pumps. Experience with welding, cutting, arc gouging and lancing, as well with field fabrication such as; modifying guards, motor mounts, adaptor frames etc.
What you’ll do:
- Using your strong leadership skills; you’ll lead, manage and motivate a crew of 15 mechanics
- Promote a safety culture through engagement with employees and contractors
- Administer and promote policies and procedures, ensuring that the site meets or exceeds all Martin Marietta guidelines
- Monitor and communicate maintenance schedules to operations teams, ensuring a mutual understanding of how they impact production goals
- Devise and execute a strategy on how to ensure plant availability and reliability targets are met or exceeded, over short, medium and long term maintenance schedules
- Investigate and analyze the trends in equipment including performing root cause analysis of breakdowns
- Review and improve current maintenance program to improve current predictive and preventative maintenance, parts availability and an overall reduction in corrective maintenance and breakdowns
- Provide feedback and recommendations on how to reduce and improve maintenance costs
- Record, track and report on all pertinent maintenance data
- Active participation in the planning and scheduling of all maintenance activities
What we need from you:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with five or more years of supervisory experience in aggregates, mining or related industry
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or an Associate’s Degree in a Skilled Trade would be considered an asset
- Strong time management skills; must be able to prioritize, delegate and manage multiple or competing tasks
- Ability to work to a flexible schedule; some weekend or evenings as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Confident using MS Office, and experience using JD Edwards would be considered an asset
- 10+ years relevant experience, preferably within a similar industry
In addition to working as part of a talented and growing team, the successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity please forward your resume to Jane@talentworks.biz.
For additional information please call Talentworks 902.491.7600