Mobile/ Shop Maintenance Foreman
Our client, Martin Marietta, a well-known global and lead supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials is now seeking a Mobile / Shop Maintenance Foreman to join their team.
Working out of their Mulgrave, NS plant and reporting into the Maintenance Superintendent, the successful candidate will be responsible for the daily management of the Mobile / Shop Maintenance Group. To be successful in this role, the candidate must have an in-depth knowledge of repairs and maintenance of diesel engines, hydraulics, electrical, power transmissions, brakes, drivelines and other automotive systems. The incumbent will also be responsible for managing top level repairs on mobile equipment including: haul trucks, front end loaders, excavators, and graters as well rebuilding both mobile and fixed plant equipment.
What you’ll do:
- Promote a safety culture through employee and contractor engagement
- Administer and promote policies & procedures ensuring the site meets or exceeds all Martin Marietta guidelines
- Monitor and communicate maintenance schedules to operations teams, ensuring a mutual understanding of how they impact production goals
- Devise and execute a strategy on how to ensure plant availability and reliability targets are met or exceeded, over short, medium and long term maintenance schedules
- Investigate and analyze the trends in equipment including performing root cause analysis of breakdowns
- Review and improve current maintenance program to improve current predictive and preventative maintenance, parts availability and an overall reduction in corrective maintenance and breakdowns
- Provide feedback and recommendations on how to reduce and improve maintenance costs
- Record, track and report on all pertinent maintenance data
- Actively participate in the planning and scheduling of all mobile and shop maintenance activities
What we need from you:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with five or more years of supervisory experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or an Associate’s Degree in a Skilled Trade would be considered an asset
- Strong time management skills; must be able to prioritize, delegate and manage multiple or competing tasks
- Ability to work to a flexible schedule; some weekend or evenings as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Confident using MS Office, and experience using JD Edwards would be considered an asset
- 10+ years relevant experience, preferably within a similar industry
In addition to working as part of a talented and growing team, the successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity please forward your resume to Jane@talentworks.biz.
For additional information please call Talentworks at 902.491.7600