In business for over 30 years, our client is a national leader in the document security industry. Due to rapid growth in the Ottawa area, they are currently searching for an Operations Manager to oversee the day to day operations. This position will play a significant role in long-term planning, development, implementation and growth of the Ottawa location. It requires a determined and energetic individual who is committed to excellence and has a positive outlook in any role they take on; a self-motivator who has loads of confidence and a desire to excel.
As the Operations Manager you will be responsible for the smooth running of the branch, the development of your team, and ensuring delivery of exceptional customer service. You will lead by example and create an environment where team members receive regular coaching and development to assist in reaching operational deliverables. You will be responsible for carrying out a variety of duties and have the willingness and ability to work hands-on in the record center and in the field.
What you’ll do
- Provide leadership, training and coaching to all branch employees.
- Promote a positive work environment while implementing and ensuring that operational policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Recruit, manage, train and evaluate performance of all branch employees.
- Communicate vision to team members and lead by example.
- Strive for maximum efficiency and continual improvement of staff productivity.
- Assist in budget preparation and financial reporting.
- Maintain relationships with key customers to ensure overall enhancement of service levels, addressing and resolving service issues, while maintaining or improving service.
- Recommend measures to improve methods, performance, and quality of services, and suggest changes in working conditions to increase efficiency.
- Complete daily tasks in the record center such as order picking/ processing and daily route design
- Operate a mobile shred truck as a fill in on sick days/ holidays, etc.
What we need from you
- 5+ years of supervisory experience managing, directing and coordinating daily activities for employees.
- Experience in records management, logistics, or warehouse management.
- DZ license considered an asset.
- Must possess strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to foster open, honest, two-way communication both internally and externally.
- Ability to understand and interpret financial statements.
- Desire to help grow business and brand.
- Must have a sense of urgency and be comfortable making decisions quickly.
- Above all, must be cheerful and come to work every day with a positive attitude.
- Bilingualism considered an asset.
In addition to working as part of a talented and growing team, the successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity please forward your resume to email@example.com