Operations Manager – Manufacturing
Talentworks is pleased to partner with an established and growing EPCM company offering the highest quality electrical power and transmission construction solutions. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager within their 50,000 sq. ft., ISO Certified manufacturing facility located in Cambridge, Ontario.
Reporting to the President, the Operations Manager will lead a strong team of professionals offering in-house design, manufacturing, programming, quality assurance and commissioning for a variety of applications.
What you’ll do:
- You will manage customer relations, operational strategizing and project planning
- Motivate and direct staff
- Coordinate daily operations and be accountable for the commercial functions of planning, organizing, directing and improving the manufacturing process of Protection & Control (P&C) panels, control buildings, and switchgear lineups
- Oversee multiple projects while working closely with the project management team to drive performance and minimize risk
- Ensure awareness & implementation of the company’s Environmental, Health and Safety policy
- Liaise and assist the marketing and sales team
- Oversee projects in conjunction with the management team for Sales, Estimating, and Projects; including but not limited to client expectations, change notices, estimates, control, tracking issues and scheduling
- Conduct risk evaluation that includes but is not limited to comparing costs, legal requirements and environmental factors for the respective project(s) and business unit
- Monitor the Quality Assurance and Quality Control demands and ensure they are met based on the project’s needs
- Lead negotiations and purchasing of major equipment, trade subcontracts and sub-trade clients
- Prepare job reporting and monthly job status reports for labor hours, productivity, cash flow, expected cost-at-completion, profit margin, and revenue
- Management of designers and the design process
- Ensure compliance with all contractual agreements including Federal, Provincial, and local laws, particularly applicable Occupational Health & Safety Acts/Construction Safety Act regulations and environmental requirements.
What we need from you:
- A minimum of 10 years’ progressive electrical project management experience with a proven reputation of successful results
- In-depth knowledge of the electrical industry with a general knowledge of building construction, mechanical and civil components
- Experience in partnering with clients, trade contractors and consultants which rely on creative decision making and balancing priorities
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects and project teams to reach milestone targets and achieve critical success
- Thorough knowledge of contract language, change management and legal requirements of contracts
- Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to effectively liaise and co-ordinate with internal and external project stakeholders.
Along with joining an established and highly successful group of companies, the incumbent will receive a competitive and comprehensive compensation package.
If you’re interested in hearing more about this exciting role, please send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org