Talentworks is currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated Property Paralegal/Legal Assistant to support Lawyer(s) at a Halifax law firm.
- Monday – Friday
- Permanent Role
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Supporting lawyers in property law
- Provide guidance and direction in terms of organization
- Manage the flow between yourself and team members
- Track property transactions – property sales, purchases, migrations, remortgaging and tax information.
- Assist with completing property and financing transactions from start to finish. This will include drafting security documents associated with financings, drafting adjustments, facilitating advances, completing customary due diligence searches, and dealing direct with financial institutions.
- Performing legal research
- Maintaining attorney calendars and case files
- Scheduling appointments, court appearances, and hearings
- Serving as a liaison between the client and attorney, conducting client interviews
- Prepare client files with high attention to detail
- Prioritize and decide appropriate action on all incoming information/requests
- Build relationships with new and existing customers
- Ensure customer service metrics are met or exceeded
- Post-secondary legal assistant/paralegal diploma;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a property paralegal, specifically working with purchases, sales, migrations, and title reports.
- Proficiency in typing, file management, and familiarity with Property Online is required.
- Ability to use PC Law and Hot Docs is considered an asset.
- Applicant must have excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Passionate about providing exceptional client service;
- Critical thinker with a solution-minded approach;
- Ability to conduct research and be self-directed in your learning;
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills
For more information, contact email@example.com