Regional Vice President – Quebec
The Regional Vice President, Quebec will be responsible for the overall management and development of our client’s civil construction and mining operations in Quebec.
This is a newly created role that is responsible for developing and managing the overall operational capability, profitability and profile of the organization in this region. This is the primary leadership position within the Management Team with a real opportunity to have a significant impact in a rapidly evolving organization and market.
- Strong technical ability with respect to operational analysis and management.
- P&L responsibility for a multimillion dollar civil construction organization.
- Coach and develop the management team to achieve objectives.
- Create a performance culture providing the support and tools to ensure team success.
- High level oversight of project management activities.
- Identify and execute improvement initiatives to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop and implement sales strategies and manage branch personnel to achieve sales objectives.
- Identify and execute new business opportunities through leveraging existing and new relationships.
- Develop regional strategy aligned with corporate strategy.
- Other special projects as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job
The candidate will possess an engineering or other applicable degree, or equivalent, along with a minimum 15 years of civil construction and/or mining management experience preferably within a growth-oriented culture.
In addition, the candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience using metrics to measure and report progress.
- Fluency in English and French.
- Excellent leadership, motivational and coaching skills.
- Strong communication, influencing, and collaboration skills.
- Superior negotiation skills to garner win-win outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to be both strategic and tactical in rolling out programs and initiatives that are aligned with overall organizational goals.
- Demonstrated project management skills involving multiple complex projects occurring concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Proven ability to develop effective relationships and gain credibility across all levels of the organization and the industry.
- A creative approach to problem solving.
- The ability to present to large audiences and have experience as a public speaker.
The ideal candidate is ambitious and career-oriented and will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This position is based out of Quebec with some flexibility on location and will require regular travel across the Province.
For further details or to apply in confidence, please contact Koreen Clements at email@example.com 902.491.7600