Regulatory & Quality Assurance Manager- 13 month Contract
Our client is an energetic and fast-growing manufacturer of beauty products across Canada, USA, and the UK. Due to their success and company growth, they’re now seeking a Regulatory & Quality Assurance Manager to join their team in Halifax, NS.
Reporting into both the VP of Operations and the Senior VP of Product Development, the Regulatory & QA Manager will be responsible for a wide variety of duties related to quality assurance and regulatory affairs ensuring all departmental, company and Health Canada/ FDA guidelines are met.
What you’ll do:
- Understand and stay up-to-date with regulatory requirements for Health Canada, FDA and other global markets, and report any changing requirements and compliance regulations.
- Ensure all current and new products meet regulatory requirements.
- Analyse information from reviews & customer service feedback, investigate all regulatory information and identify trends. Report any issues and trends to the senior leadership team with a proposed corrective action plan.
- Understand and manage testing requirements as it relates to drug stability, package compatibility and drug assay testing.
- Identify all global regulatory requirements as the business expands into international markets.
Quality Assurance Matters:
- Review Certificates of Analysis, compile appropriate quality shipping documentation to meet Health Canada, FDA and other global requirements, ensure all paperwork, including Material Safety Data Sheets are in order at contract manufacturer.
- Draft and maintain SOP’s and any related documents. Develop and prepare product manuals and proper documentation to meet all quality regulations and standards.
- Receive and analyse weekly summaries from customer service of complaints and reviews.
- Identify, investigate and report root cause of quality assurance issues and trends to senior leadership team while providing corrective action plans for improvement.
- Assist in audits as a Quality Representative to reinforce and maintain compliance.
- Oversee batch releases and ensure specifications are met.
- Supervise vendor qualifications.
What we need from you:
- Post-secondary in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ of experience in a Quality Assurance & Regulatory role.
- Knowledge of Health Canada / FDA and global market requirements associated with consumer product safety.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and demonstrated problem solving and leadership skills.
- The successful candidate is a creative thinker with strong analytical and organization skills. They will be able to work independently and manage multiple demands.
To apply to this exciting opportunity please send an updated resume to Koreen Clements at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information please call Talentworks at (902)-491-7600.