Restaurant Assistant Manager
Our client is a celebrated and distinguished Halifax staple when it comes to authentic and award-winning pizza. Known for their extraordinary food and exceptional customer service, they have been a local favorite for over two decades.
They are now seeking a ‘Restaurant Assistant Manager’, someone who is an enthusiastic and passionate jack of all trades. The successful candidate will have an interest in the hospitality industry, enjoy lots of variety in their role and can confidently manage a small team. Say goodbye to late night shifts! Working out of their new & vibrant downtown location your flexible hours range from 10 am until 8 pm.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a small team of five employees
- Support the Owner in all aspects of restaurant operations, including ordering, rostering, budgeting, training and recruitment
- Manage and oversee the restaurant floor service – lunch and dinner services, acting as head server; waiting tables, making drinks, assisting where needed
- Answer incoming calls, taking orders and reservations
- Assist with the preparation of the pizza
- Ensure the restaurant is kept clean and tidy
What we need from you:
- Excellent time management – ability to multi-task
- Leadership qualities but are also able to take direction
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment, no two days will be the same!
- Dedicated and hard-working – no job is too big or too small
- Must have a flexible schedule, some weekend work may be required
- First-rate communication skills, verbal & written
- Hospitality or customer service experience will be considered an asset* full training will be provided
What are you waiting for? To apply, send a resume outlining your qualifications via email to Jane Buntain at Jane@talentworks.biz
For more information on this role, please give us a call at Talentworks 902.491.7600