Talentworks is pleased to partner with our Client, an industry leader in the utility sector on their search for a Scheduler.
The Scheduler’s primary responsibility is to create, issue and maintain project execution plans, schedules and progress reports. They will work closely with Estimators and Project Managers to turn estimates for labor, equipment, and material requirements, and other relevant items into project schedules that identify required timing for crews, equipment, materials, and other relevant items.
What you’ll do:
- Support the development of the project management and cost control program including standardized reports, linkages between software’s, standard operating procedures and training requirements;
- Implements and supports Oracle Primavera and related project management applications and associated processes;
- Supports Operations in planning contracts and opportunities;
- Attends customer meetings and conferences as required;
- Ensures that technical clarifications are requested and received from customers as part of schedule estimating efforts;
- Defines assumptions and exclusions to accompany project schedules;
- Develops initial schedules at the estimating phase of projects;
- Transfers initial schedules to execution schedules when awarded contracts;
- Develop detailed project plans and monitors/tracks progress;
- Develop detailed cost reports and dashboards and monitors/tracks progress;
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques;
- Prepare detailed reports for review for multiple Project Managers; and,
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What we need from you:
- 3+ years of project management/scheduling experience using Primavera P6
- Knowledge and experience in the high voltage electrical industry;
- Knowledge and experience in linear project construction;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is considered an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills;
- High attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask and manage time effectively in order to meet deadlines;
- Self-starter and able to work in a team atmosphere;
- Strong leadership and delegation skills;
- Problem solving and root cause analysis skills;
- Valid Driver’s License; and, PMP certification is considered an asset.
Perks: Competitive salary and benefits package on offer
If you’re interested in applying for this exciting position, please forward a copy of your updated resume to email@example.com