Senior Electrical Engineer
Talentworks is pleased to partner with an established and growing engineering company specializing in the design of electrical power systems. Located in beautiful St. Catharines, Ontario, they provide engineering design services to contractors undertaking EPC contracts on electrical power projects and engineering services to utilities and large power consumers.
Reporting to the Vice President, Engineering, the Senior Electrical Engineer will lead a team of dedicated professional engineers, technologists and designers to provide superior service and solutions to their clients.
What you’ll do:
- Mentor and lead less experienced engineers, technologists and designers.
- Review, approve and stamp engineering drawings.
- Defines the conceptual design of substations and directs the development and preparation of substation designs including: layouts, elevations, single & three-line diagrams, AC & DC control schematics, connection wiring diagrams, cable schedules, and raceway layouts.
- Develop control and trip logic diagrams, relay protection settings and relay configuration files utilizing relay vendors’ configuration software.
- Undertake or direct electrical power system studies including load flows, loss analysis, reactive compensation, short circuit, stability, and harmonics analysis.
- Review Vendor proposals, specifications and drawings.
- Prepares technical specifications for major electrical equipment, protection relay and RTU panels, and auxiliary systems in accordance with customer requirements and standards.
- Participates in project design review meetings, liaises with clients.
- Manage project timeline and budget.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and licensed to practice with the Professional Engineers of Ontario as a P.Eng.
- A minimum of 10 years’ progressive electrical engineering experience with a proven reputation of successful results.
- In-depth knowledge of all electrical aspects of generation, power transmission and distribution substations.
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects and project teams to reach milestone targets and achieve critical success.
- Familiar with power system analysis techniques including solid working knowledge of symmetrical components.
- Solid understanding of detailed electrical design of underground and overhead utility facilities and requirements of the Ontario Electrical Safety Code and Canadian Electrical Code.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to effectively liaise and co-ordinate with internal and external stakeholders.
Along with joining an established and highly successful group of companies, the incumbent will receive a competitive and comprehensive compensation package.
If you’re interested in hearing more about this exciting role, please send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org