Supply Chain Specialist
They’re a true local success story; a provider and manufacturer of natural beauty products. They exploded into the market when they launched five years ago and have been experiencing enormous growth and global success ever since.
Our client is now seeking a resourceful and knowledgeable Supply Chain Specialist to join their team based in Halifax, NS. Reporting into the VP of Operations this will be multifaceted role working closely and cross functionally with the operations, product management and finance teams, involving both tactical (procurement) and strategic (sourcing).
What you’ll do:
- Sourcing of beauty packaging components from existing suppliers, as well as identifying and assessing new suppliers; Conducting ongoing supplier research and selection.
- Partnering with the product management team to identify component options for new products; Responsible for specifications development.
- Managing purchase planning of components to support the finished product production plans; Implementing and monitoring component inventory controls and stores, disposals and other related functions.
- Optimizing value in the procurement process from quoting, through price negotiation and making purchases, as well as ongoing values analysis and proactive recommendations of how to improve costs in future.
- Managing supply contract administration; Issuing purchase orders, non-disclosure agreements.
- Developing tools for tracking information to facilitate communication and sharing of information between teams; Maintaining costing information and establishing a regular cost review process
- Ongoing reporting metrics of supply chain performance, both internal and external.
What we require from you:
- In depth knowledge of principles and practices of supply chain management, business management, procurement best practices
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience
- Experience with skincare / cosmetics purchasing would be considered a strong asset
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong planning, organizing, decision making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Desire to work in a cross functional team environment
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines
In addition to working as part of a talented and growing team, the successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity please forward your resume to Jane@talentworks.biz.
For additional information please call Talentworks at 902.491.7600