Technical Sales Consultant
In business for nearly 30 years, our client is a successful, local manufacturer and dealer with presence in over 40 countries. They are searching for an experienced Technical Sales Consultant to join their growing team.
This position will play a pivotal role in developing new and existing business to support the achievement of the Company’s annual sales goals. The right individual will persistently hunt for new business while maintaining contact with existing accounts, manage a list of leads, and close sales. You are a driven, goal-oriented team member who will meet and exceed performance expectations. You have an intense desire to succeed. The right candidate will have the ability to build rapport with small business owners, operations managers and shop floor personnel alike. You are current with the most up to date sales and marketing techniques and can offer a new fresh approach.
What you’ll do
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; soliciting new accounts; building rapport; providing technical information and explanations; preparing quotations.
- Develop accounts by checking customer’s buying history; suggesting related and new items; explaining technical features.
- Help company build and improve sales process and funnel.
- Develop relationships with inactive accounts with the goal to reactivate.
- Prepare and issue documentation related to quotes, orders and call reports.
- Support and follow up on product knowledge, literate or technical support requests for recovered and existing customers.
- Qualify current customers for new business opportunities.
- Manage customer contact information, prospects, and opportunities through CRM.
- Learn on a continuous basis as new products and technologies come to market.
- Proceed with leads from inbound and outbound calling, LinkedIn prospecting, trade shows or other promotional events.
- Proactively recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve transaction profitability.
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales.
- Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaints.
What we need from you
- A minimum of 7 years recent experience, or a proven track record as a top performing sales professional who has consistently exceeded sales performance objectives.
- Experience selling in a B2B, sales environment; preferably a product technical in nature.
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite and CRM Software such as Salesforce.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills which will enable you to build positive relationships and work with all levels of staff and customers.
- The ability to thrive in a small team with lots of freedom and independence.
- Great at selling! Even better at listening!
- Able to simplify and explain complex technical features.
- Positive attitude. Great personality.
- Clear criminal background check.
As a valued team member, our client is pleased to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes a competitive base salary, commission, bonus, full benefits, and a flexible working environment.
What are you waiting for? To apply, send a resume outlining your qualifications via email to Nancy Josselyn at firstname.lastname@example.org