Our client is a dynamic service provider delivering innovative solutions across multiple sectors including Retail, Healthcare, Logistics and Transportation, Insurance, Legal, Natural Resources, Public Sector, Communications, Financial Services and Energy.
Today they have points of presence and clients across North America providing solutions and offering services from Business & IT Consulting, Cloud Services, Field Operations, Lifecycle Management, Managed Services and Service Desk support.
Talentworks is pleased to present an opportunity for a full-time Technical Writer to join their PMO team in Halifax, NS.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for understanding, analyzing and interpreting business requirements and needs, liaising with key stakeholders to ensure that deliverables meet the needs of both internal departments and end users.
- Creating operation instructions, manuals, reference sheets, how-to manuals, assembly and service instructions, and “frequently asked questions” pages to help technical support staff, consumers, and other users within the company.
- Research, edit, standardize, illustrate, proofread, and publish as required.
- Source information to ensure material is complete and correct, and connect processes and similar subjects as well as identify gaps in knowledge or inconsistencies.
- Identify appropriate, effective and efficient solutions to ensure that the needs of the end users are appropriately considered and represented in online developments by coordinating any appropriate user search.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members through information gathering, content reviews, meetings, status reports, etc.
- Internal status reporting (planned, in progress, complete, etc).
- Contribute to the thinking, vision and leadership of the POM team demonstrating commitment to the team’s goals coupled with dedicated and singular focus on execution and delivery.
What we require from you:
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience as a Technical Writer in a related field.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written for both technical and business audiences.
- Solid technical skills including understanding designs, specifications and business intelligence.
- Solid experience in writing functional and technical solution design documentation.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please send your resume in confidence to Koreen Clements at firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information please call Talentworks at 902.491.7600.