In business for over 40 years, our client is a proven leader in the equipment industry. They are searching for an experienced Territory Manager to join their growing team.
This position will play a pivotal role in developing new and existing business to support the achievement of the Company’s annual sales goals. As the successful candidate, you will persistently hunt for new business while maintaining contact with existing accounts, manage a list of leads, and close sales. You are a driven, goal-oriented team member who will meet and exceed performance expectations. You have an intense desire to succeed have the ability to build rapport with both private sector and municipal customers alike.
What you’ll do
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, soliciting new accounts, providing technical information and explanations, preparing quotations, etc.
- Assist in the response to public and private tenders.
- Develop accounts by checking customer’s buying history, suggesting related and new items, and explaining technical features.
- Provide demonstrations and training as required to effectively represent the industrial product lines represented within the territory
- Help company build and improve sales process and funnel.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending factory training sessions, reviewing industry publications, and travelling with factory reps.
- Proactively recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve transaction profitability.
- Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaints.
- Monitor competition by gathering current market information on pricing, existing products, new products, technical improvements, etc.
What we need from you
- A minimum of 7 years recent experience, or a proven track record as a top performing sales professional who has consistently exceeded sales performance objectives.
- Experience selling to municipalities as well as the private sector; preferably a product technical in nature.
- Previous experience in the heavy equipment, construction or agricultural industry considered an asset.
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite and CRM Software such as Salesforce.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills which will enable you to build positive relationships and work with all levels of staff and customers.
- The ability to thrive in a small team with lots of freedom and independence.
- Great at selling! Even better at listening!
- Able to simplify and explain complex technical features.
- Positive attitude. Great personality.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel throughout Nova Scotia and work within a flexible schedule as required.
As a valued team member, our client is pleased to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes a competitive base salary, commission, bonus, full benefits, and a flexible working environment.
What are you waiting for? To apply, send a resume outlining your qualifications via email to Nancy Josselyn at email@example.com