Technical Sales Representative
A leader in their field, our client is dedicated to delivering quality products, services, and support to the Canadian natural gas industry. Being a major distributor, they represent over 40 manufacturers and provide thousands of product solutions to major utilities across the country.
As the Technical Sales Representative you will be responsible for the clientele base in Eastern Canada. You will play a pivotal role in developing new and existing business to support the achievement of the Company’s annual sales goals. You will be required to persistently hunt for new business while maintaining relationships with existing accounts, manage a list of leads, and close sales. You are a driven, goal-oriented team member who will meet and exceed performance expectations.
You want to work here!
Our client promotes healthy, long term working relationships, teamwork, and accessible management. As a valued member of the team you will be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary, plus opportunity for bonus and commissions
- Comprehensive benefit package
- RRSP program
- Company vehicle, laptop, and cell phone
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Home office with flexible work hours
Furthermore, they understand the importance of giving back to the communities in which they serve and operate. They are proud to support charitable programs and initiatives locally and across Canada.
What you’ll do
- Engage and strategize with clients to determine their needs and offer product solutions.
- Prepare and present sales proposals that address the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Develop accounts by checking customer’s buying history, suggesting related and new items, and explaining technical features.
- Host social events with current and perspective clients.
- Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaints.
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, soliciting new accounts, providing technical information and explanations, preparing quotations, etc.
- Provide demonstrations and training as required to effectively represent the industrial product lines represented within the territory.
The Musts Haves
- 3+ years’ experience in outside technical sales Previous experience in the oil and gas process industry considered an asset.
- Post-secondary education in engineering or a technical field.
- Able to understand, simplify, and explain complex technical features in both French and English.
- Proven track record as a top performing sales professional who has consistently exceeded sales performance objectives.
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite and CRM Software.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills which will enable you to build positive relationships and work with all levels of staff and customers.
- The ability to thrive in a small team with lots of freedom and independence.
- Positive attitude. Great personality.
- Valid driver’s license and passport required.
- Ability to travel 3-4 days per week within the Montreal area and a few times per year throughout North America for conferences and trade shows.
- Available to work within a flexible schedule as required.
- Must have a clean criminal background.
If this sounds like your dream job, please forward your resume to email@example.com.