Vice President Engineering
As a key member of the Executive Team, the Vice President Engineering will lead a team of highly skilled technical professionals in the continued growth of the company. Reporting to the President, the VP assures the company and its mission, programs, products, and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to the relevant communities, stakeholders, and customers.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the company.
- Ensure all Health and Safety policies and requirements for the company are in-place, communicated to the employees, and maintained.
- Ensure that the quality control system is maintained in good standing and communicated to the employees.
- Establish long and short-term strategy and goals for continuous development of the company.
- Implement management policies and procedures needed to accomplish the goals of the company and to maintain financial growth of the company.
- Develop new business and maintain existing relationships with clients.
- Establish and maintain company staffing levels based on current and projected project workloads and budget requirements.
- Direct all staff, including establishing the organizational structure, professional development, motivation, performance evaluation, discipline, compensation, personnel policies, and procedures.
- Establish and maintain company Engineering and Design Standards consistent with good engineering practice, safety requirements and appropriate code and standards recommendations.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering majoring in Electrical Power Systems and licensed to practice with the Professional Engineers of Ontario as a P.Eng.
- Master’s of Business Administration would be a definite asset.
- A minimum of 20 years’ progressive electrical engineering experience with a proven reputation of successful results.
- Extensive experience in electrical power system protection and control, utility and industrial power system analysis and design, and power plant and substation design at all voltage levels.
- Skilled in engineering supervision, project management and company administration.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to effectively liaise and co-ordinate with internal and external stakeholders.
If you’re interested in hearing more about this exciting role, please send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org