Abatement WorkerPosted: Halifax, NS
Talentworks recruits for various, well established companies within the HRM to be a specialized Asbestos Labourer. They are looking for hardworking, energetic individuals to join their team!
- Remove asbestos from ceilings, walls, beams and other structures following hazardous waste handling guidelines
- Spray chemical solution over asbestos covered areas
- General clean up of debris
- Assist heavy equipment operators
- Load and unload material
- Maintain all safety standards
- Assembles and dismantle scaffolding
- Seal off work area, using plastic sheeting and duct tape
- Position mobile decontamination unit and/or portable showers at entrance of work area
- Using hand tools, lumber, nails, plastic sheet and duct tape to assembly connecting walkways
- Shovel asbestos debris into plastic disposal bags and seal bags using duct tape
- Clean work area using vacuum, broom and dust pan
- Other duties as required.
- Valid Asbestos Awareness Certificate (training provided)
- Valid Respirator Fit test card
- 1-2 years experience
- Physically fit
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to Multitask
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Rate starting at $16/hr – based on experience.
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- Weekly Pay
- Employee Referral Program and Incentives
If this sounds like a position you would be interested in, then apply today!
Talentworks appreciates all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.