Project CoordinatorPosted: Sackville, NB
Talentworks is presently working with our client, voted one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 5 years, to add a Project Coordinator to their team! This position is the primary point-person responsible for planning, executing, and delivering sales projects on time, within budget, and in accordance with specifications. Efficient delivery of project deliverables, effective quality control, clear communication of expectations to stakeholders, and upward reporting to senior management are critical tasks that must be performed throughout each project’s lifecycle.
- Manage project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success.
- Plan project timelines, milestones, and deliverables using the appropriate software tools and/or methods.
- Negotiate with other business units to obtain required resources both internally and externally.
- Tracking project progress and reporting to stakeholders via a formal communications plan.
- Focused on operational efficiencies to increase project profitability.
- Produce regular reports (status, escalations, etc.) on the progress of projects; deliver these reports during regular stakeholder meetings.
- Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams; create contingency plans to mitigate risk.
- Conduct project analysis to identify areas for improvement; make recommendations based on findings.
- Coordinate between Sales, Engineering, Clients, Sub-Contractors, Purchasing, Fabrication, Shipping, and Installation.
- Request change orders in scope and information to complete projects.
- Schedule drawing submittals and delivery of materials to job sites.
- Create purchase orders and approve invoices related to projects.
- May visit job sites to provide site assistance to contractors.
- Provide support to Technical Sales Representatives and Clients.
- Ensure safety and quality standards are met.
- Provide office administration and sales support as required.
- Post-secondary education in Business, Civil Engineering Technology, or Project Management is required.
- One to three years’ experience in a coordinating/organizing role, preferable in the construction industry.
- Strong computer skills using MS Office, and online CRM software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional time management, organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize
- Independent, self-motivated individual with the ability to work alone and unsupervised at times
- Proven ability to work well in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Effective facilitation of meetings, feedback sessions, and briefings to create consensus among stakeholders.
- Able to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including technical, professional, and upper management.
- Ability to understand and work with numbers.
- AutoCAD / Drawing experience would be an asset
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
If this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in, apply today!
Talentworks appreciates all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.